Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer
An excellent opportunity at entry level for a Manufacturing Engineer in a global market leading business which designs and manufactures niche off highway vehicles. Your role encompasses both New Product Introduction and manufacturing process improvement.
The Manufacturing Engineering team lead step change improvements within all areas of Operations as well as driving incremental improvements using Lean methodology to improve product quality, manufacturing efficiency and reducing manufacturing costs without compromising health and safety.
Key duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
New Product Introduction
- Assess component designs and determine manufacturing methods for the production of new parts to ensure capability and cost targets are met.
- Working as part of a cross functional team to conduct FMEA’s and control plans where appropriate to ensure processes are suitably assessed and controlled in line with Quality targets and expectations.
- Determine work flow requirements based on volume, cost and quality targets to ensure single piece flow where possible or present justifications for cellular or batch production as appropriate.
- Provide facilities, tools and gauges in line with project timing plans to ensure phase gate readiness.
- Manage Departmental Timing Plans and Open Issue Lists to ensure overall project compliance.
- Continually assess new technologies for integration into operations to maintain competitive advantage.
- Define Capital Equipment purchases and justification to support NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Provide hands on support to the Production Team during phase gate sign off to ensure processes meet output targets.
- Provide hands on support to the Production Department to ensure Quality, Cost and Effectiveness Targets are met.
- Constantly seek opportunities for improvement, utilising metrics, statistical tools and best practice to drive improvement outcomes.
- Provide full support to production processes and utilise problem solving and technical tools such as SPC, FMEA and control plans to drive data driven improvements in current and new processes.
- Implement and develop key measurables to identify and drive business improvements within the department.
- Develop and implement significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures across all areas of responsibility.
- Health and Safety awareness will be amongst your main priorities and Health and Safety guidelines should be actively adhered to and promoted.
- Create suitable structure for site wide Process Improvement Initiatives.
- Identify Process Improvement Projects suitable for Kaizen or team based improvement activity i.e. cost reduction, yield increase, cycle time reduction to create value enhancement for the business.
- Co-ordinate Project Teams and report on implementation of Process Improvement Projects.
- Manage and identify opportunities to eliminate process bottlenecks and troubleshoot processes for their relevance.
- Develop and implement Process Control Techniques and Procedures into Production Environments.
- In co-ordination with the Quality Team, create and update procedures as required by New Products and Process Improvements
Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Manufacturing Engineering or similar, you will ideally have acquired some experience ofProcess Engineering within an Operations Environment, including Cell Layout, Manufacturing Process and Work Station Design. You should be familiar with Lean Manufacturing techniques and Six Sigma and be a strong problem solver who is familiar with PFMEA, SPC and Quality Control techniques. CAD literacy also desirable.
Naturally you will need to be a good communicator and a team player.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"