Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
About the Team
Here in IT, "our ambition is to be a team recognised for providing straightforward and valued services and solutions, to help drive our firm's strategy". We're the central support of IT to all UK and international offices and we pride ourselves in ensuring our people and clients benefit from the most effective computing solutions available.
Main Purpose of the Job
To develop and coordinate all aspects of the enterprise architecture, including:
- Business architecture, which is focused on guiding people, process and organisational change
- Information architecture, which is focused on the consistent sharing of information across the enterprise
- Solutions architecture, which is focused on developing a direction for managing the portfolio of to-be solutions
- application architecture is a subset of solutions architecture - it is the discipline that guides application design and defines application architecture paradigms, such as service-oriented architecture (SOA), principles that influence design decisions and patterns that provide proven design solutions
- Technical architecture, which is focused on evolving the technical infrastructure
- Security architecture, which is focused on managing IT risk through the exchange of information between people, systems and things inside and outside the organisation
To take accountability for managing and balancing the enterprise architecture to run, grow and transform the business
- Maintaining and evolving future-state business capabilities with a focus on efficiency and predictability of the existing IT estate
- Designing and enabling future-state business capabilities with a focus on technology disruption, speed, agility, and flexibility that enables and drives new business models and designs, while meeting today's business needs
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture programme/function
- Seeking opportunities to highlight how digital business initiatives will potentially impact enterprises' economic architecture and metrics
- Understanding the business's economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation, so as to effectively support and guide technology investment decisions
- Designing and constructing future- and current-state business models so as to practically apply new and emerging technologies to drive them
- Identifying potential competitive threats from digital enterprises that are generally considered outside of your traditional realm of competition
- Demonstrating the business value of EA as an enabler of strategy formulation, and as support for technology innovation, which drives the organisation's top and bottom lines
- Formulating, translating, advocating, supporting and executing business strategy to achieve the organisation's desired business outcomes
- Scanning the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business, and providing practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes
- Leading market research, procurement and delivery of solutions from third parties
- Contextualising the technology trends based on social, economic, political and other nontechnology trends
- Determining the relationship between people, processes, information, technology and things of the enterprise, and their relationships to one another and to the external environment
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ideally an IT/Information Systems qualified graduate and/or with experience of working with a range of technologies (including Microsoft) within business/operating areas of the legal profession or other professional services
Seven or more years of IT and Business User experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job