Job reference number 82503
Royal Mail Broadgate
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
Empower decision makers across RMG to make better decisions relating to RMGs information technology estate.
- Create architectural views covering people, process, information and technology that are both tailored to and accessible by a wide range of stakeholders yet built with architectural rigour and industry best practice
- Create re-usable solution building blocks for enterprise services to support projects and programme delivery
- Create architectural roadmaps of how the CTO managed services can evolve
- Actively and constantly engage with the wider RMG architectural community to gain input and agreement with target states and roadmaps
- Ensure a common understanding across technology and wider business of how the people, processes, information and applications that make up the CTO managed services which support the business
- Provide advice and guidance to projects and programme steering groups to ensure re-use of enterprise components and services and alignment to strategic roadmaps
- Create a common understanding of the direction CTO managed services need to develop in order to support the business strategies
- Build up and strengthen, by documenting the current and future IT services, the Information Technologies repository of knowledge (iServer)
- Undertake research, including the production of white papers, to bring outside thinking, industry best practice and emerging trend knowledge into RMG in an applicable and practical way
- Work in collaboration with fellow teams members to ensure work is mutually supportive and that there is a consistent look and feel of outputs from the team
- Reporting identified risks, dependencies, problems, challenges and complexities to the Head of Enterprise Architecture
- Introduction of best practice, common methods and approaches
Reports to: Head of Enterprise Architecture
- Target state and roadmap design for CTO managed services
- Coordination with other areas of RMG (Letters & Network and Parcels) to ensure seamless alignment
- Identification of gaps and overlaps in functional scope of programmes; work to resolve
- Expert knowledge of Applications Architecture with knowledge of SAP, Oracle Applications, Java .Net, bespoke applications, SAAS and Cloud based, CRM, Logistics.
- Understanding of and mapping of business process to application services
- Likely to be educated to degree level with a broad knowledge of IS/IT and Engineering
- Effective interpersonal , influencing and engagement skills
- Proven expertise in enterprise architecture
- Experience of Architecture Frameworks e.g. TOGAF desirable.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 21/03/2018
Architecture, Database, Engineer, ERP, Oracle, Engineering, Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job