Enterprise Architect - Avis Budget Group
Avis Budget Group doesn’t just rent cars. We’re changing the way people move. Across our world-leading brands - Avis, Budget, Zipcar and Payless - we’re continually harnessing the latest technology to develop integrated products and services that will offer entirely new travel possibilities with more convenience and flexibility than ever before.
The Enterprise Architect will be accountable for defining strategic roadmaps for products, lines of business, applications and use of technology - and leading workshops to document and revise these roadmaps. This individual will also help to define architectural mandates, guiding principles, rationalization opportunities for applications, systems and platforms. This person will understand the solutions landscape of all systems and applications globally enough to provide consulting and recommendations to strategic and innovation product owners and leaders.
The EA will help to define reference architectures and ensure guidelines, standards, processes, and methodologies are established, communicated and leveraged. The EA will be responsible for facilitating and leading the process to build, update and evangelize the IT Strategic Plan each year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of one or more primary ABG business models, key drivers, systems, technologies and/or support systems
- Manages, directs and coordinates long-term strategic planning of application architectures
- Works with ABG executive team, directors and managers to assess architectural needs and how technology can support business strategy and needs
- Determines and makes recommendations to Senior IT Leadership team regarding initiation of architectural programs and projects and other strategic ideas
- Provides consulting for projects, programs and initiatives in ABG in reference to architectural direction, compliance and strategy
- Consistently leads and influences broad, cross-functional teams, including IT and non-IT teams
- Leads the definition of roadmaps and rationalization efforts for global applications, services, legacy systems, databases, etc.
- Represents ABG on select architecture committees, steering groups, and task forces both internal and external to ABG
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience
- Minimum of 4 years as Solutions Architect with experience in performing analysis and high level design and/or leading projects
- Minimum of 2 years in an Enterprise Architect role with experience in defining roadmaps, building strategic plans, defining and driving rationalization efforts
- Considerable experience leading and working with multi-site and/or off-shore development teams
- Considerable experience working on large scale, enterprise-wide projects or transformation programs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of software architecture and development activities and best practices
- Strong expertise in many areas of software architecture and technology, including web/mobile applications, middleware/services, databases, cloud, etc.
- Exceptional analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary teamwork skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Consistently uses time effectively and efficiently
- Intellectually sharp, capable, and agile
- Self-starter: able to initiate, prioritize, and complete assignments with little to no supervision
- Eagerness and ability to learn and adapt technologies, industry practices, tools, and trends
- Regularly makes commitments and leads teams in consistently meeting targets
- Strong knowledge of Waterfall, Iterative and Agile SDLC methodologies
- Serving as a widely trusted individual; able to present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Leading with integrity and able to motivate others, manage conflict, and maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Regularly finds common ground and bonds with others; easily evokes trust and credibility
- Ability to create strong morale within the team; blends teams when needed; shares wins and successes; develops others and holds them accountable
- Ability to interface with upper level management and present at that level
We’re looking for the very best talent to help us shape the future of mobility, if you are interested please apply now!
- Business Analyst
- Strategic Roadmaps