Enteprise Data Architect
Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Yet the world is changing, and Lloyd’s is changing too - nimbler, faster, and able to offer customers and employees more products, services and insights supported by technology, innovation and the continuing desire to protect people, businesses and communities. Lloyd’s is where you can now bring your future to life
This is a great opportunity for a senior data architect to work in a dynamic and innovative environment for one of the world’s most famous financial institutions.
With data at the heart of Lloyd’s Corporation as it transforms to a digital future, the Enterprise Data Architect will play a key role in the support, design and control of data applications and processes.
Lloyd’s Corporation is introducing SaAS, IaAS and PaAS services and ERP solutions, as well as re-engineering key platforms. This has led to the need for a person who will contribute to the design and implementation of a cutting-edge enterprise data strategy, working with multiple stakeholders to ensure it supports the current and future needs of the Corporation.
As a data-centric organisation, Lloyd’s is strengthening all aspects of data management - introducing industry-leading tools and automating manual processes. The data architect will contribute to the design, usage and implementation of these tools in line with our data governance and management strategy.
This is a fast moving, complex, technical environment. Data platforms are migrating to cloud-based platforms. Internal and external systems are undergoing digital transformation. We are introducing many new technologies including AI, Azure Data Lake, Master Data Management and workflow tools.
The Enterprise Data Architect will have the opportunity to learn as well as contribute, with Lloyd’s Online University and other courses available.
The evaluation, prototyping and introduction of new technologies ensures an exciting and intellectually rewarding career.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient of data use through design of secure, audited, controlled and governed data journeys.
- Enforcing agreed data architecture standards across all projects.
- Providing SME knowledge for data design - to aid performance, contribute to solution design, ensure security requirements are satisfied, and to provide the link between business and technical users.
- Ensuring data knowledge is enhanced through techniques such as meta data exploitation - this includes the application of data management systems to ensure data is catalogued, classified and made available as appropriate.
- Provide a lead in data simplification
- Contribute to evolving a comprehensive, integrated and holistic data landscape.
- Summarise complex technical problems concisely to a non-technical audience
Skills & Knowledge
The background of the data architect will contain some of the following:
- Work within a financial or regulatory data environment.
- Comes from a complex data environment - with knowledge of integrating many different types and sources of data.
- Work within an organisation that has experienced significant technical/organisation change.
- Work within an organisation that has converted legacy systems to leading edge data platforms.
- Been based in an organisation that has remote/local teams from dispersed geographical locations.
- Has demonstrated advanced presentation and communication skills to engage senior stakeholders.
- Has developed solutions that have materially improved data use within an organisation.
- Led and mentored individuals in data design and architecture
- Has been part of an organisation where data governance, control and understanding are embedded.
The Enterprise Data Architect will have:
- Worked across multiple programmes, with experience of data alignment through building/contributing to data models, standards and governance.
- Experience of introducing and governing data architecture principles and standards.
- A thorough understanding of different methods of data storage - such as data lakes, relational databases, and other storage methods such as graph databases. This also includes matching storage to appropriate system requirements.
- Cloud experience, particularly with Microsoft Azure: pipelines, data catalogues, containerisation, and other techniques to ensure governance and repeatability with data usage.
- Developing reporting and analysis solutions in an effective and efficient manner
- Experience in converting complex technical problems concisely to a non-technical audience
- Pragmatism to work with resources available - people, technologies and budgets - to build class-leading data systems.
- Worked with enterprise data management systems (eg erWin, Informatica, Collibra) and been able to embed them in an organisation for the benefit of both technical and non-technical users.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, and an enviable range of benefits.
Please click the Clear Talents link on our Workday page which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'