Enrichment and Sports Maker
New College Swindon have an exciting opportunity for an Enrichment and Sports Maker to join the team.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £22,704 FTE
Actual Salary: £19,429 pa
Hours: 37 hours a week, 39 weeks a year
Contract Details: Permanent
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in September 2021, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships, and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
Enrichment and Sports Maker – The Role:
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious individual to support the student’s personal development, behaviour and welfare in this role. You will be responsible for coordinating, developing and implementing a programme of supervised student led activities to widen the enrichment, trips and participation opportunities across both campuses.
You will be responsible for managing the Enrichment Centre and Gym at the North Star site and will have an overview of the Enrichment Centre at Queens Drive to provide a social space where students can develop their confidence and interpersonal skills. You will build and sustain effective working partnerships with Community Sports Providers and develop Sports Tournaments encompassing all college sites.
Enrichment and Sports Maker – Key Responsibilities:
- Develop, initiate and implement a New College Swindon Enrichment and Sports Development Plan, approved by the Student Union
- Supervise students using the College Enrichment centre and Gym ensuring Health and Safety requirements are maintained and the Student behaviour policy is being met
- Working with the rest of the Enrichment Team and other key stakeholders, agree a calendar of events and activities to promote learner engagement and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Enrichment and Sports Maker - Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in Maths and English, or the commit to gain
- Level 3, or higher, qualification in Youth Work, Sports, Event Management, or related discipline
- A REPs accredited level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction or willing to work towards
- Experience and understanding of the FE/education sector
- Ability to think creatively and be innovative in introducing new concepts, themes and fund-raising activities
Enrichment and Sports Maker - What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training, and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Enrichment and Sports Maker - How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 14th September 2021
To submit your application for this exciting Enrichment and Sports Maker opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'