R13 recruitment are working in affiliation with a leading employment support and training services company in their search for an English Tutor. Reporting directly to the Education manager, you will plan and deliver engaging lessons to learners in line with their individual learning plans. This is a rewarding opportunity, playing an integral part in assisting learners to overcome barriers to employment.
Duties to include:
- Working closely alongside learners to develop individual learning plans, which link to their long-term employment goals.
- Planning and delivering engaging lesson to address the training needs of the class including literacy, numeracy, language and other social or employability barriers to employment.
- Reviewing learner progression on a regular basis in line with their learning plan to ensure training meets their current needs.
- Reviewing lessons and gaining feedback from learners and other sources with the view to improve curriculum content.
- Carrying our relevant administrative duties including attendance registers, enrollment forms and reviews.
- Supporting and motivating learners to increase retention rates.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested.
You will have/be:
- Full teaching qualification at Level 5 or above or equivalent.
- OR if you do not hold a teaching qualification, you will have a specialist subject qualification.
- Experience of developing and delivering lesson plans on a roll-on roll-off programme.
- Ability to remain calm whilst handling potentially challenging situations.
- A confident communicator, coupled with ability to adapt approach to suit various audiences.
- Self-motivated approach to work and be able to positively influence others.
This is a full time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Offered salary of £18,900 - £23,100 for an unqualified tutor or £23,500 - £28,500 for a qualified tutor DOE. A competitive benefits package is offered including:
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Prowse - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- English Tutor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job