** English Teaching position
** April start
** School graded 'Good' by Ofsted
** School located in Kent
A fantastic mixed Secondary school based in Kent are currently looking to appoint an exceptional English Teacher to join them for the Summer term. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to further develop their career and to join a passionate department who aim to provide a positive learning experience for their students. The school are looking for a teacher who has the ability to plan and deliver challenging and engaging lessons across key stage 3 and 4.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A recognised teaching qualification
- A current DBS (Registered to the update service)
- A confident and friendly approach
- A strong background in English literature.
- Experience in teaching in a wide variety of classroom settings.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- Teach English across key stage 3-4.
- Secure outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
- Provide extra-curricular support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
- Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and school as a whole.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.