Alderwood are currently representing a large National company in the UAE. The companies deliver the highest quality of English and Business teaching to nationals in various locations across the United Arab Emirates.
Reporting to the Vice Principal Academics, to teach English Language to national students who need a solid foundation to develop their vocational skills. The incumbent is responsible to assess students' performance with the aim of helping students develop the linguistic ability to function effectively in an international environment.
* Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, working with other team members.
* In collaboration with Lead Teachers to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
* To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
* Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
* To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
* To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
* Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
* To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
* Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school management/administration.
* Adapt and work to the local working environment and local anomalies and ensure full integration with Emirati counterparts.
* teaching and assessing students;
* developing teaching and assessment resources;
* maintaining student and course records; and
* Advising any issues relating to students.
Qualifications and experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in English language and literature /
linguistics/ applied linguistics.
CELTA or an equivalent certificate for teaching English as a foreign language.
Excellent oral and written English essential.
Native English Speakers only for this position
Minimum 3 years of teaching experience at a middle or high school level.
Experience in the Gulf region is an advantage.
Native English Speakers are preferred. Non-native speakers are to achieve the IELTS Academic score 8.0
In return you will receive the following benefits package:
Basic Salary: AED 11,998
Housing Allowance: 9,280 (Single) and 11,600 (Married) per month.
Remote Area Allowance: AED 1,500/- per month
Relocation Allowance: 20,000.00 (One time)
Education Allowance: AED 80,000.00 per family.
Ticket allowance: for Employee Spouse and up to 3 children.
Medical Insurance: for employee, Spouse and up to 3 children.
For more information or to apply, please email
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.