English Graduate Learning Support Assistant
Secondary Mainstream school
A secondary school located in Wembley, Brent are looking for an English graduate learning support assistant. They are looking for an individual who is able to identify the needs of individual pupils in group and 1:1 scenarios and support them accordingly. You will need to be familiar with the national curriculum as a whole and have a strong background in English language and literature as you will be mainly working within this department.
As a Learning Support assistant you will be supporting pupils of all abilities and alongside those who also have special educational needs and English as an additional language. You will need to alter yourself in regards to their needs with compassion and the appropriate skills. You will work alongside teachers, the Senco and other Learning support assistants to raise attainement and progress of focus pupils who need the support.
Requirements & Skills
- Degree is essential in English or similar subject
- Experience in a child related setting/school
- Familiar with the national curriculum
- High levels of professionalism
- Ability to work with young people who have SEN and EAL
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
- ***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job