BMI St Edmunds Hospital in Bury St Edmunds is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for an Engineering Technician to join their team of staff in the Engineering department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Current Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card at appropriate level of qualification. If electrically qualified, current Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS) Card required
- City& Guilds Part 3, ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential
- Willingness to act as AP and RP Medgas as required is essential.
- Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased discipline essential
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines, statutes and ACOPs.
- Understanding of L8 Legionella ACOP within Hospital buildings
- Demonstrated high level of organisation & time management skills, particularly in an environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Sound fault finding techniques and ability to read drawings.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure the prompt completion of all work orders for Planned maintenance, Reactive response, Specialist sub-contract work orders and remedial work orders.
- To provide Routine and Specialised Engineering Maintenance and breakdown support to a specific hospital site.
- Provide competent Technical, Health, Safety and Environmental support & assistance as required and act as an exemplar of company policies and procedures.
- Provide training, mentoring and hands-on assistance to any additional Site based Technicians or Engineering Assistants.
- Provide Engineering support and advice to the Local Hospital managers as required.
- Demonstrate a can-do culture based on exemplary engineering standards in an environment of open and honest integrity.
- To help build and Develop a strong team ethos.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Justin Gough on .
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'