BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Engineering Technician to join their team of staff in the Maintenance department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Current Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card at appropriate level of qualification. If electrically qualified, current Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS) Card required
- City& Guilds Part 3, ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential
- Confidence to lead or advise other staff
- Experience in a Maintenance Environment post apprenticeship or qualification gained. Experience in working under own initiative is required.
- Willingness to act as AP and RP Medgas as required is essential.
- Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased discipline essential
- Fire safety or Fire Risk Assessment training highly desirable.
- Understanding of Quality Management, customer satisfaction and the continuous improvement process is desirable.
- Duel or multi-skilled engineering competencies is preferable.
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines, statutes and ACOPs.
- Understanding of L8 Legionella ACOP within Hospital buildings
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high level of organisation & time management skills, particularly in an environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Sound fault finding techniques and ability to read drawings.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure the prompt completion of all work orders for Planned maintenance, Reactive response, Specialist sub-contract work orders and remedial work orders.
- To provide Routine and Specialised Engineering Maintenance and breakdown support to a specific hospital site.
- Provide competent Technical, Health, Safety and Environmental support & assistance as required and act as an exemplar of company policies and procedures.
- Provide training, mentoring and hands-on assistance to any additional Site based Technicians or Engineering Assistants.
- Provide Engineering support and advice to the Local Hospital managers as required.
- Demonstrate a can-do culture based on exemplary engineering standards in an environment of open and honest integrity.
- To help build and Develop a strong team ethos. Work at any BMI Hospital within the cluster to cover for engineering absence or to supplement labour, attend meetings, or to provide specialist advice or service to site, e.g. AP duties, Mechanical, Electrical or Air Con duties to ensure continued effective operational coverage.
- To ensure compliance of the Engineering Planned Preventative Maintenance Routines as detailed in the Standard operating Procedure manuals.
- To support development of any Engineering staff who work at the site to ensure they develop their skillset and competencies to reach their full potential and required standard
- To help develop a can-do responsive engineering team culture to ensure reactive calls issued are attended to within Service Level Agreement (SLA) and managed effectively to reduce repeat failures.
- Ensure all remedial tasks from PPM’s or Statutory Insurance Inspections are identified, recorded and completed to time, ensure effective statutory assurance and that full records are maintained on site.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.