BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to be a leader in 'advancing the world of health’
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team-orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
We require an Engineering Technician to work within the project team to use their technical skills to launch a new production line. You will be supporting production to minimise downtime and maximise output while improving processes.
As Engineering Technician, you will;
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to the Technical Associates in resolving complex machine related faults. To be the 'problem solver’ and provide solutions to engineering, technical and maintenance problems.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety, Regulatory, and Environmental legislation, and company procedures with respect to process changes and/or equipment modification.
- Have the ability to disassemble and reassemble complex machinery.
- Plan and specify improvements to existing processes to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Act as a mentor to apprentices/technicians.
- To support continuous improvement through identification and implementation of process improvements.
The successful candidate will be time served, HND qualified or equivalent experience. You will be strong communicator to be able to train, guide and mentor less technical colleagues and to put across suggestions to more senior colleagues. You will be IT literate and have the ability to use the SAP system to log maintenance and order parts. You will have a keen eye for improving processes and coming up with creative solutions to solve problems. You will have experience of high volume manufacturing within ideally, the FMCG, Medical Devices, Pharma or Aerospace industries.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and 'advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button
- Medical Devices
- Problem Solving
- Process Improvement
- Production Line