BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain’s largest provider of independent healthcare with a reputation based on years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff.
BMI Thornbury Hospital is a large private hospital in Sheffield. We have 60 inpatient beds with all our rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has four theatres, an endoscopy suite and an intensive care unit. These facilities and on-site support services enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of surgical procedures from routine investigations to complex surgery. All our staff are committed to putting patients at the centre of everything we do.
We currently a vacancy for an Engineering Technician to join our Facilities team on a full-time (37.5hours) basis. The post holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern and on-call is also requirement of the role.
This post reports into the Director of Operations and will be responsible for undertaking all planned maintenance checks/work, reactive jobs, co-ordinating specialist sub-contract work orders and remedial work orders. The workload is varied and covers a range of tasks from simple repairs and general upkeep around the hospital to technical, plant-base work.
In reward for your skill set and expertise, BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
Private health insurance
Staff pension scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Current Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card at appropriate level of qualification. If electrically qualified, current Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS) Card required
- City& Guilds Part 3, ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential
- Willingness to act as Authorised Person and Responsible Person Medgas as required is essential.
- Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased discipline essential
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines, statutes and Approved Codes of Practice
- Experience in a Maintenance Environment post apprenticeship/qualification is required.
- Experience in working under own initiative is required
- Helpful and co-operative manner