Engineering Technicians play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre, providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
42 Hours per week.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job