This diverse role will work on the assembly of optical and electrical parts and sub-assemblies for a company who design an innovative range of hi-tech optics products. This is a great role for a practical engineer who enjoys learning about new technology. You will need to be able to follow assembly and test procedures working with a small team of design and development engineers.
Some of the day to day typical responsibilities will include:
- The assembly and build of optical/mechanical/electronic assemblies.
- To work closely with internal R&D and design teams on prototype and pre-production systems to assemble one off systems.
- Develop maintenance and preventative maintenance routines for key equipment.
- Advise internal teams on any drawing changes and improvements to assembly methods.
- Follow LEAN principles with a key focus on design for manufacture approach.
For the role we are looking for:
- Practical hands on experience of working with optical fibre or free space optics.
- A thorough understanding of electrical, mechanical and optical equipment and drawings.
- The ability to follow assembly and test procedures using a range of assembly equipment.