=== BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER! ===
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team-orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An Engineering Technician is required in our moulding production team to undertake engineering related activities associated with the manufacturing processes, although in the case of breakdown the priority will be to support production. You will provide comprehensive engineering support to technical associates in resolving complex equipment breakdown situations. This includes improvements to machine performance, support contract engineering works and coordinate yearly preventative maintenance activities.
This role is based on permanent nights (23-11) on a 3 day on/off rotation with a generous shift allowance of 48%
- Providing technical expertise and assistance to technical associates in resolving complex machine related faults. To be the 'problem solver’ and provide solutions to the engineering and technical team. To be proactive in undertaking technical diagnostics and implementing robust engineering solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Identifying improvements to existing equipment that lead to H&S improvements, cost reductions, increased productivity or quality improvements.
- Ensuring all manufacturing equipment is set up and produces product according to established standards and validated settings.
- Ensuring active involvement and contribution to regular team meetings and participation in project teams as required. Maintain good communication and effective information transfer within and between shifts. Work efficiently and co-operate with the moulding process engineering and all other support groups to meet required production targets.
- Encouraging the ongoing development and training of technical associates on-shift.
- Actively participating in the technical knowledge transfer from engineering to moulding associates through ongoing coaching, guidance, development and training. Is focused on promoting quality workmanship and good practices across the shift.
The successful candidate will have completed a qualification in a related engineering field or have the equivalent experience. You will have experience in a high volume, highly automated manufacturing environment in the moulding discipline. You will have knowledge of pneumatics circuitry and equipment.
You will have good knowledge of manufacturing processes. You will have a positive demeanour towards Quality, Safety and Continuous Improvement.Click on apply if this sounds like you!Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.Primary Work Location
GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial EstateWork Shift
GB-Con-PLY Green 23-11-Shift B type (United Kingdom)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'