Engineering Technician- Fibre Optics
This diverse role will work on the assembly of optical and electrical/electronic/mechanical parts and sub-assemblies for a company who design an innovative range of hi-tech optics products. This is a great role for a practical engineer who enjoys learning about new technology. You will need to be able to follow assembly and test procedures working with a small team of design and development engineers.
There are 2 positions available for different levels of experience from junior up to management level. The company are going through a phase of growth and are introducing several new products at a fast pace.
Some of the day to day typical responsibilities will include:
- The assembly and build of optical/mechanical/electronic assemblies.
- To work closely with internal R&D and design teams on prototype and pre-production systems to assemble one off systems.
- Develop maintenance and preventative maintenance routines for key equipment.
- Advise internal teams on any drawing changes and improvements to assembly methods.
- Follow LEAN principles with a key focus on design for manufacture approach.
For the role we are looking for:
- Practical hands on experience of working with optical fibre or free space optics.
- A thorough understanding of electrical, mechanical and optical equipment and drawings.
- The ability to follow assembly and test procedures using a range of assembly equipment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'