Ocado - Erith
Our new, state-of-the-art Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Erith, Kent is 563,000 square feet. It boasts world leading technology which is predominantly developed in house at Ocado.
At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 200,000 customer orders a week at Erith, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Warehouse Team Managers.
As an Engineering Technician you will play an important part in supporting the operation in our state-of-the-art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre, providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the CFC
When do I need to work?
Our Engineering Team work 12 hour shifts on a panama shift rota.
Ocado is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery supermarket, unique and completely independent, focusing on the home delivery of high-quality food, drink and household goods. We’ve won countless consumer awards for our incredible, customer-centric business.
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- Childcare vouchers and numerous local discounts/benefits
- 48 hours per week (Nights or Days Fixed)
- Rostered shift pattern working any 4 days out of 7
- Career Progression
- Technical Ability
- Resolving Issues