We are in the market for an Engineering Technical Assistant who is looking to join a large organisation that specialises in process and flow technologies that support the Oil & Gas industry.
Working within the companies PFT Mixing Technologies, the Engineering Technical Assistant will ensure the support tasks are actioned accordingly and in line with the Engineering team goals and procedures.
You will provide key support services including all administrative aspects of engineering documentation deliverables, manage and maintain the company Product Lifecycle Management Software (Teamcenter) and create Bill of Materials.
To be a successful Engineering Technical Support Assistant you will have the ability to contribute towards a team driven environment and have the initiative to work well as an individual.
You will be keen to develop your project and business administration skills as well as your departmental process skills.
As Engineering Technical Support Assistant, you will have excellent attention to detail, good time and quality management skills in order to assist with the successful delivery of agitators, static mixers and heat exchangers equipment.
You will be keen to develop your technical and engineering skills as well as you departmental process skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the onsite Projects and Engineering Disciplines.
- Support Engineering team on all administrative aspects of engineering documentation deliverables - check documents are attached, check dxfs are attached where required, check document entry revisions match document)
- Maintain the departments JIRA system
- Understand and maintain the Company PLM software (Product Lifecycle Management) including transferring BOMs from Excel and building into Teamcenter
- Create parts on Teamcenter from supplier quotes
- Create exact repeat jobs on Teamcenter
- Pre-assignment of new part numbers in Teamcenter ahead of detailing
- Provide Teamcenter support for aftermarket team
- Make minor adjustments to existing parts in Teamcenter (addition/correction of material grades)
- Control movement of documentation to and from Suppliers in an accurate and timely manner
- Support Engineering Disciplines throughout the design stages
- Archive Engineering electronic and paper files as per working practices and processes.
- Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company Policy.
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes.
- Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
- Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
- Travel as and when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty. Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
• Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
• Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
• Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
• Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
• Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
• Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
• Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
• A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
• Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
• A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
If you have a City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent then this role could be the one for you. Experience of CAD and ISO9001 beneficial also.
- ISO 9001
- CAD Technician (Architecture & Design)
- City & Guilds > City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job