Maintenance Engineer (Manufacturing)
Our client is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of superior natural stone and innovative concrete hard landscaping products supplying the construction, home improvement and landscape markets.
Position: Engineering Team Member
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 1QY
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 42 hour per week
Shift Pattern: 07.00am to 19.00pm for an average of 3.5 days a week
Salary: £44,900 average
Close Date: 30th March 2018
About the role:
Accountable for the safe undertaking of assigned engineering tasks (EWRs / PPMs / Breakdowns), ensuring a proactive approach to the prevention of equipment failure, contributing to site delivery of safety, quality, waste and OEE targets.
- Ensuring that Dynamic Risk Assessments (DRAs) are used for tasks not covered by standard Risk Assessments (RAs)
- Ensure that permits to work are in place prior to proceeding for relevant tasks
- Ensure that care is taken to minimise wastage of energy (electric / gas / fuel / compressed air) by maintaining equipment to standard settings and reporting any energy losses e.g. air leaks promptly so they can be addressed
- Ensuring that all required checks / records are understood and completed on time and to standard
- Ensure that equipment is maintained to a standard which ensures product can be consistently manufactured within tolerance
- Maximise and constantly improve equipment performance to meet / exceed target OEE
- Use of Short Interval Control (SIC) to manage live issues, ensuring that issues preventing output rates, quality levels to be achieved are escalated to Team Leader
- Ensure adherence to target times for activities such as changeovers to deliver improvements in utilisation
- Ensure assigned jobs are closed off with high quality feedback on the Computerised Maintenance Management System) and that any key points are fed back to the Engineering Planner
- Strive to deliver priorities on engineering plan to deliver PPM compliance and EWR compliance targets
- Ensure that accurate feedback is given for the recording of plant downtime
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and hygiene (clean as you go, equipment stored correctly, floor areas clean and clear etc.)
- GCSE or equivalent (A to C qualifications. Math’s & English essential) or be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate by all means in a coherent and concise manner and demonstrate levels of numeracy consistent with the requirements of the role
- ONC / HNC or equivalent
- Hold 17th Edition Certificate (if electrically biased)
- IOSH Working Safely desirable
- Electrical and / or mechanical qualifications / time served apprenticeship
- Experience of operating in a medium / large automated manufacturing operation with relevant safety systems, quality standards, housekeeping standards etc.
- Experience of / exposure to large capex installation projects, or changes in operating practices would be an advantage
- Knowledge of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) would be an advantage
- Able to demonstrate use of fault finding / analytical skills to deal with complex breakdowns
- Experience of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Experience of working with PLCs, servo drives, pneumatics, hydraulics, welding
- Some experience of continuous improvement / lean manufacturing techniques e.g. DMAIC, would be an advantage
- Experience / licence for FLT would be an advantage
You may have experience of the following: Multi Skilled Engineer, Engineering, Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job