Purpose of position
As lead of one of our cross-functional agile engineering teams, this role reports to the Head of Engineering in London. You will be involved in all aspects of ensuring your team delivers quality new features and maintains our award-winning affiliate marketing platform.
As a team lead, you are not just an expert in your technical stack; you are part coder, part architect, and part manager. You enjoy writing SOLID, secure & well-tested code, and are able to design solutions for features and issues. You enjoy coaching and mentoring colleagues to improve their skills, extending their awareness from the codebase to include topics such as quality, environments and delivery. Your team’s performance is important to you, but so is the way they go about their work, and you’re keen to show how Agile can improve their deliveries.
You are a passionate and innovative technologist with a proactive, quality first approach to development, keen to gain exposure to the latest development practices and tool-sets within an interactive and fun development environment.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
- Build new products and help shape development technologies and practices
- Own a series of application and services within the broader Awin estate
- Guide, mentor, motivate and organise your engineers
- Work with Product Managers and Owners to convert user stories to features and tasks
- Coordinate the responsibilities of your team to ensure smooth delivery
- Collaborate with your fellow lead engineers on cross-service implementations
As a Lead Engineer, you will:
- Lead a team with a well described and groomed product backlog using agile methodologies and practices
- Develop code and contribute to reviews, retrospectives, planning and development sessions
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion when required
- Work with your team to ensure quality, morale and efficiency is high
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (documentation, emails, communication tools) with local and remote team members
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate marketplace.
Skills & Expertise
To be successful you will need to meet the below requirements:
- You will be open minded to trying new approaches, technical and procedural
- Minimum 8 years engineering experience
- Proven track record of managing high performing, cross functional agile development teams
- Proven track record with PHP, Symfony, PHPUnit, phpspec & MySql/MariaDB
- Comfortable building systems cloud-first (Docker, AWS - Lambda, DynamoDB, and related serverless technologies)
- Passion for writing elegant code and a desire to constantly refactor and improve
- A good understanding of design principles & patterns (including SOLID OOP & BDD), plus TDD
- Be pragmatic; know how to balance the best solution against a working solution
- Expert knowledge of non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB) & in-memory search tools (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- At least exposure to streaming and queueing solutions (Kafka, RabbitMQ), ideally setup and configuration experience
- At least exposure to CI/CD pipelines, ideally set-up and configuration experience
- Line management responsibilities, including one-to-one’s and performance reviews
- Display a history of creativity, innovative thought, awareness of current technical trends and high levels of motivation
- Expert knowledge of Git
What can we offer you?
- Flexible working hours - no more wasting a vacation day for an administrative appointment
- Excellent work-life balance and a family-first mindset
- The option to work from home if you are based in the UK
- Numerous training opportunities to nurture self-development
- Team Management
- Line Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'