gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Engineering Team Leader to work at their facility based near Deeside
- Optimise OEE.
- Minimise and investigate engineering breakdown times and repeat defects
- Engineering reporting systems are fit for purpose and used effectively so information is easily accessible, relevant, up to date and meets legal requirements.
- To ensure that compliance systems are robust and all activities are well documented to meet with any internal and external audit requirements.
- To ensure that effective scheduling systems are in place for maintenance to minimise engineering breakdowns.
- To regularly review departmental performance and recommend to Chief Engineer ways to improve the function and department outcomes.
- To manage the department to meet agreed objectives.
- To build a high performing and productive engineering team with an ASPIRE culture. In particular to take responsibility for coaching, mentoring and development of staff.
- To recruit and develop new staff for the department in line with company procedures and standards.
- To act as a technical expert for the engineering team, ensuring that staff have the skills and knowledge required for the job
- To set and communicate clear and well understood team targets and communicate progress made.
- To monitor performance in the department and take action when necessary to improve performance levels.
- To ensure that staff appraisals are carried out on a regular basis.
- To maintain a regular dialogue with the HR Manager to ensure that all HR
- issues are dealt with expediently and in line with company policies and procedures.
- To regularly monitor expenditure and recommend solutions that provide the best value for money.
- To manage the procurement of parts and stock levels with the Procurement and Compliance Engineer.
- To ensure that the allocation of resources are supported by appropriate business and project plans.
- To carry out and document feasibility studies for new initiatives, including a cost benefit analysis. Contract Management
- To ensure that all external contractors involved in plant maintenance work in a safe manner and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- To recommend contractors who provide the best and most cost-effective service for the company.
- Essential - A relevant Engineering qualification at ONC or appropriate equivalent.
- Desirable: Engineering Craft Studies Apprenticeship - Mechanical or Electrical, ONC or higher, Project Management "PRINCE 2" or portfolio of delivered projects.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of managing an engineering department with in the food industry.
- Understanding of health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Experience of project management.
- Understanding of the requirements of contractor management and CDM.
- Experience in prioritising resources to support production at all times.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31/03/2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job