We have a great opportunity to join a well-established, family-run business. You will love the variety and technical challenge of manufacturing bespoke and one-off engineered parts. This role will suit somebody who has good problem-solving skills and loves to take a concept from paper to production.
Located in Brierley Hill my client is seeking an experienced Engineering Shop Supervisor / Manager to supervise a small team of skilled and semi-skilled workers. You will also work very closely with the business owners and be able to have input on decision-making.
Our client specialises in the precision engineering markets.
Essential requirements: The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Engineering Foreman
- Be a Time served engineer - experienced within a precision engineering environment - experienced in manufacturing bespoke and one off engineering parts.
- Must be organized and self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a good communication and management skills.
- Have a full clean driving licence - desirable
- Have a working knowledge of all aspects of workshop equipment, tools, machines, and safety equipment - conventional and CNC machines
- Have experience of supervising/managing small teams
- Understand maintaining and implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Have a hands-on approach.
This role will involve working with modern CNC and machine shop equipment, working on one off bespoke items. Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Act as line manager for all workshop staff ensuring a motivated, punctual and well-disciplined workforce.
- Be primarily responsible for all workshop activities and staff, including work scheduling and ultimate delivery of customer orders.
- Carrying out assessments on customer needs and completing required paperwork.
- Good computer skills essential
Salary/Package: £40,000K - negotiable, depending on your level of experience. Hours of work, 7am-4.30pm - some working outside of these hours will be required. Pension scheme. Holiday: 33 days including Bank Holidays.
This role would suit somebody with previous experience as: Engineering Shop Supervisor, Engineering Shop Manager, Engineering Manager, Engineering Foreman or Works Manager.
Please apply now to avoid missing out on this great opportunity!
- Lean Manufacturing
- Precision Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'