Our client is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of superior natural stone and innovative concrete hard landscaping products supplying the construction, home improvement and landscape markets.
Position: Engineering Storesperson
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 1QY
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours:40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 08.00am to 17.00pm with occasional weekend work
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum
Close Date: 30th March 2018
About the role:
The Engineering Stores Person is accountable for maintaining a safe, organised, cost effective, and proactive stores facility, ensuring that key spares are available to execute scheduled maintenance and support asset reliability.
- Meet / exceed KPIs for schedule compliance, work volume and inventory levels
- Drive a proactive approach to the prevention of equipment failure
- Ensures engineering spares and inventory are catalogued and available to support asset reliability
- Ensuring that delivery drivers / agents adhere to site rules and that items that cannot be offloaded safely are turned away
- Ensuring that appropriate storage solutions are in place for stocked chemicals / substances
- Ensure that parts are available to ensure that equipment can be maintained to standard
- Deputise for Engineering Planner
- Work with the Engineering Planner to ensure that parts are available to deliver high levels of engineering schedule compliance
- Ensure engineering spares and inventory are catalogued and available to support asset reliability
- Undertake frequent bin counts (50 / day) to ensure that high levels of stock accuracy are maintained
- Highlight any issues with spares not being booked out of stores correctly
- Work with engineering team to identify critical and essential spares and stock accordingly
- Manage overall inventory level to deliver agreed inventory targets
- Match invoices, delivery notes and capital orders to ensure Fixed Plant Repair and capital budget delivery
- Implement an effective engineering stores management system to ensure critical spares are always available
- Work with engineering suppliers to maximise highest customer service levels, exploring options such as consignment stock and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) with the involvement of procurement
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all site contacts from operators, engineers, site management, suppliers etc.
- GCSE or equivalent. (A to C qualifications. Math’s & English essential)
- ONC / HNC or equivalent desirable
- IOSH Working Safely desirable
- FLT licence an advantage
- Electrical and / or mechanical qualifications / time served apprenticeship
- Experience of operating in a medium / large automated manufacturing operation with relevant safety systems, quality standards, housekeeping standards etc.
- Experience of computerised maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Experience of spares / stock management systems would be an advantage
- Ability to identify key engineering equipment (PLCs, servo drives, pneumatics, hydraulics etc.) an advantage
You may have experience of the following: Engineering Storesperson, Engineering Stores Person, Stock Controller, Storesperson, Stock Control, Inventory Controller, Stores Person, Stock Control Assistant, Stock Control Coordinator, Stock Control Administrator, Inventory Assistant, Inventory Coordinator, Inventory Administrator, Supply Chain Assistant, Supply Chain Coordinator, Supply Chain Administrator, Logistics Assistant, Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Administrator, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job