Engineering Stores Assistant
To provide support to the engineering teams/function within the Distribution Centre. Primarily engaged in duties that involve the day-to-day running of the Engineering Stores' in order to maintain the required level of spares and spare equipment in line with production demands to ensure the MHE operates without impacting production. Contribute towards the delivery of the quantitative and qualitative business objectives/KPI's through achievement in own area. Raise orders in line with the engineering function and book in parts and receipt goods, ensure all paperwork is available for audit and filed.
- Ensure timely and accurate procurement of all Engineering spare parts and consumable requirements.
- Maintain and support the entire engineering spare parts and consumable stores.
- Continuously monitor and interpret spare part and consumable demand in line with changing production demands on the MHE to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Liaise directly with nominated external suppliers across the UK and Europe to ensure stock is available as when required and at the best price.
- Complete all associated documentation involved with the procurement process
- Undertake the management of all chemicals used within engineering to the standards set out in the COSHH regulations.
- To communicate clearly and confidently on all matters related to engineering stock/stores
- Communicate effectively to build open relationships with all colleagues and act as a role model for corporate visions and values.
- Purchase Order documentation is filed away and stored for audit purposes
- Large elements of the role operate within clearly defined guidelines, processes and procedures which need to be followed. Judgement on minimum stock levels, re-order quantities, supplier identification & selection and alternative spares/equipment items are exercised.
- This list is not exhaustive
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Analytical and numerate
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of packages Outlook, Excel, Word
- Good skills required to produce reports
- Good understanding of stock control processes and measures
- Good understanding of budgets and budget control measures
- Good understanding of Health & Safety regulations including LOLER and COSHH
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good understanding of site processes (CMMS)
- CMMS - Agility experience preferable but not essential
- Good housekeeping skills
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job