This high profile international company is looking to recruit an Engineering Stores Assistant to join their growing team in a 12-14 month maternity contract. The role offers an excellent salary and benefits including holidays that increase over time, staff discount, free parking and a pension scheme, this is an excellent opportunity.
About the company:
Based just outside Rochdale town centre and close to excellent motorway network links, this company has continued to grow over the last few years and has remained the market leader in their field with sites right across the UK and strong overseas links.
About the role:
Working within a busy distribution centre you will provide support to the engineering teams/function within a large Distribution Centre you will be carrying out duties that involve the day-to-day running of the Engineering Stores in order to maintain the required level of spares and spare equipment in line with production demands to ensure the MHE operates without impacting production. Duties will include:
- Ensuring timely and accurate procurement of all Engineering spare parts and consumable requirements
- Raising orders in line with the engineering function and booking in parts and receipt of goods, ensuring all paperwork is available for audit and filed
- Maintaining and supporting the entire engineering spare parts and consumable stores
- Monitoring and interpreting spare part and consumable demand in line with changing production demands on the MHE to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained at all times
- Liaising directly with nominated external suppliers across the UK and Europe to ensure stock is available as when required and at the best price
- Completing all associated documentation involved with the procurement process
- Undertaking the management of all chemicals used within engineering to the standards set out in the COSHH regulations
- Communicating clearly and confidently on all matters related to engineering stock/stores
- Ensuring purchase order documentation is filed away and stored for audit purposes
Essential Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience and a good understanding of stock control or inventory control and processes and knowledge of mechanical and electrical parts. Experience of purchasing and budgets/budget processes would be beneficial. You will be comfortable using Word, Excel and Outlook. CMMS experience would be desirable. You will be accurate, numerate and have excellent communication skills. You must be able to commit to a 12-14 month maternity contract.
About The Benefits
- Excellent salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days over time
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Staff discount
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV today
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'