As an Engineering Skills Coach, you will be delivering outstanding teaching, learning and assessment practices that engage and inspire apprentices to fulfil their individual potential and develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours to successfully progress into the business.
Our client, is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Your main responsibilities as an Aeronautical Engineering Skills Coach will involve:
- Coach apprentices to reach their full potential by providing key support, mentoring, challenge and motivation throughout all aspects of their learning journey
- Assess and monitor learner progress & performance in line with the apprenticeship frameworks/ standards and the occupational expectations of the business. Maintain and record data in accordance with Skills Funding Agency/ SDS and awarding body requirements
- Enacting effective programme delivery utilising a coaching and blended learning pedagogy to train, monitor, develop and assess apprentices against relevant qualification Standards/ frameworks supporting them attaining occupational competence
- Embedding skills competitions as an integral part of the learning and assessment programme
- Innovating programme content and teaching, learning and assessment methodologies to meet individual apprentice and business needs
- Providing and monitoring the effective safeguarding, SHE, welfare and support arrangements for apprentices throughout their programme
- Effectively recording /reporting of performance data in support of delivery outstanding outcomes for apprentices
- Coaching and developing of apprentices through progress reviews, welfare support and careers guidance to aid their progression, attainment and transition into the business
- Completing of apprentices into final positions
The successful Aeronautical Engineering Skills Coach will have the following attributes;
- Apprenticeship in engineering.
- Experience in an engineering discipline such as Manufacturing engineering, Toolmaking or mechanical aircraft production.
- Knowledge of the aircraft life cycle.
- Understanding of engineering principles and documentation, Projects, Design and Quality and their link to operations and or systems engineering through process and practices covering mechanical systems,advanced manufacturing, aerospace quality and governance.
- Experienced in applying working knowledge of the servicing / maintaining & testing of flying aircraft systems in particular, Primary and Secondary flying controls, Undercarriage, Pitot / Statics, Fuel, and ECS
- Experience in working with FESTO rigs and equipment would be beneficial
- CAD experience
- Experienced with Carbon Fibre Composites (CFC)
- Assessor Award qualification or working towards would be desirable
- Training & Development qualifications at Level 3 or above would be desirable
- Verifier Award qualification would be desirable
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job