Lantec is one of the UK’s leading IT services and logistics provider with expertise in EPOS, Card Terminal and client server installations. Our clients range from small independent retailers to large corporate clients such as; Waitrose, Tesco, Lloyds Bank, WorldPay and so forth. Established for over 18 years Lantec employs over 300 staff throughout the UK, with an annual turnover of £12 million.
We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we’re all about rewarding hard work through recognition and progression. As an employee of Lantec, you will find variety in your role, have the autonomy to think outside of the box and really apply yourself.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Configuration Department for an Engineering Scheduler who are responsible for planning and monitoring the in-house configuration centre and ensuring requests are completed to the required timescale to include ensuring requests are checked, correct and processed accordingly escalating where timeframes will not be met.
You will need to have the ability to work to short deadlines and rapidly changing priorities, with well-developed interpersonal communication and influencing skills at this role is on our customers site
The successful candidate will benefit from full training and ongoing support within their role as well as opportunities for progression with a company who strive to develop our staff from within.
- Experience within a scheduling role is essential
- Able to negotiate and persuade whilst working in a pressure environment
- Good business acumen
- First class customer service skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages
- Desire to succeed and be part of a growing team
- To manage the schedule of in-house configuration requirements
- To plan and prioritise all configuration activity within this area
- To maintain up-to-date install records and job sheets using our in- house system
- To escalate any issues to the Configuration Centre Manager and customers as appropriate
- To manage the engineer daily workloads to achieve SLA
- To provide progress monitoring and management feedback to include the capture and planning of improvements, efficiencies
- To investigate and resolve issues and escalations arising from projects
- To provide internal and external high level management reports
- To carry out any other duties which may reasonably be expected/requested
- To train, support and develop colleagues at all times.
Key Performance Measures/Indicators
- Work is carried out in accordance with written and verbal instructions
- Lantec UK Business Engagement process is followed for all projects being planned
- Able to effectively manage schedules simultaneously
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly status reports on all projects
- Participation in training to obtain the necessary training/qualifications and skills
- Project co-ordination or scheduling experience
- Organised, assertive, able to plan and set priorities
- Proficient in MS Office particularly Excel and Word
All offers of employment are subject to Pre Employment screening to include; DBS check, Financial Sanctions check and Credit check.
- Customer Service
- Resolve Issues
- Project Co ordination
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job