Engineering Project Manager - Gloucester
The Engineering Project Manager is responsible for execution and delivery of Engineering Projects across the lifecycle, including product introduction, product improvement, and in-production/in-service support. The remit includes scope management, management of assigned resources, and costs & schedule of technical solution.
Requirement of the Role
- Project management of assigned projects, including scope definition, management of the technical solution, resource demands, costs & schedule, and risks & opportunities management.
- Contribute directly to technical solution development where appropriate, in line with base technical skills and experience
- Lead and direct assigned resources in the execution of engineering projects
- Provide project control board style data (progress and metrics) in support of the engineering projects reporting rhythm.
- Collate and present business case and/or rationale for New Product Introduction, Product Improvement, or Cost Reduction projects to wider engineering team and business.
- Work collaboratively with assigned customer facing Programme Manager
- Provide 'lessons learned' inputs to projects at the beginning of the design lifecycle
Requirements of the individual
- Degree in Engineering or Scientific subject, or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Good knowledge of aircraft actuation or similar products, including design lifecycle, verification and validation requirements, and production processes.
- Significant experience of managing product development through product qualification phases and into series production
- Significant experience of leading project teams in the support of in-service aircraft products.
- Experience of new product development and introduction of aircraft products or systems
- Experience of using project management tools & techniques to manage costs and schedule (PRINCE2, Project Management Book of Knowledge)
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative, cross discipline environment
- Appreciation of the drivers / requirements of Procurement, Design for Manufacture, Production and Quality
- Demonstrated ability of analytical and problem-solving skills. Innovative, able to offer alterative solutions
- Experience using problem solving tools (8D, 5Why and other Lean tools)
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and develop teams, and motivate individuals
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Committed to deliver on schedule
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'