Engineering Project Manager (Process / HSE) £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ3389
As an experienced engineering project manager from an industrial plant site, you will manage capital investment projects on the plant site in accordance with HSE. As project manager with a chemical / process and HSE background you will lead project teams on the plant site in the development of fit for purpose project solutions, incorporating -safety -best engineering practices and optimum business solutions.
As engineering project manager you will monitor and report on status of all CAPEX projects assigned by the Site Engineering Manager and manage and develop and Ensure Safety, Health & Environmental protection are given the highest priority throughout the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Safety, Health & Environmental protection are given the highest priority throughout the project
- Put in place appropriate project resources and organisation to deliver the project
- Manage the project risk register and agreed mitigation actions
- Lead the project team and foster a culture that is focused on teamwork and collective ownership for delivery of the project success criteria
- Preparation and submission of required financial approval documents
- Ensure local/HSE Management carry out necessary activities with the Regulatory Authorities to ensure the project meets all the required approvals
- Manage all activities to meet the project plan / schedule and milestone delivery
- Delivery of Engineering solutions to meet requirements of Functional specification (URS)
- Develop the project safety concept and basis of safe operation
- Define and approve an appropriate project execution strategy for all stages (e.g. Design, SHE, contracts & purchasing, construction, commissioning, handover)
- Delivery of Basic and Detailed Engineering design packages
- Approve all design changes and additional expenditure within agreed limits
- Oversee the control of the project expenditure and programme within the sanctioned budget
- Equipment selection & design meets company / site expected standards
- Ensure Process safety concept is incorporated into the overall project specification
- Overall management of Construction activities & permits
- Overall management of Mechanical completion and commissioning activities
- Ensure project Technical Documentation is compiled and issued
- Ensure Construction, FAT/SAT and Commissioning activities are correctly managed and the project is successfully handed over to the customer
- Produce the project closure report and share key learning with the project community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree or professional qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years proven Project Management experience in the chemical, process or allied industries of engineering.
- Knowledge of HSE, compliance with health and safety on an industrial site
- Experience in COMAH designated sites is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of industrial plant and systems gained through several years in the chemical processing or related industry.
- Knowledge of project planning and budgeting tracking tools, and experience of project planning.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson
- Plant Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Project Risk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job