Engineering Project Manager (Mechanical / Electronics) c£45-55k + Bonus + Benefits
As an experienced engineering project manager with a mechanical / electronics background you join the Innovation Technology Team based in London. The Innovation Technology Team, which is part of the Global Manufacturing Department, is focused on developing and delivering commercial manufacturing solutions for NPD technologies. This role overlooks all aspects of a project’s lifecycle from ideation through to deployment.
As engineering project manager you will assist in the delivery of new technologies in line with company requirements to provide consumer relevant innovations whilst supporting a sustainable business model. Previous experience relating to the design and development of special purpose machinery or processes, an FMCG manufacturing environment, high-speed automation or assembly processes, managing specialist engineering teams, working within precision engineering development facilities would all be of benefit to this role.
Responsibilities include the specification of machinery, co-ordination of activities within internal teams and external partners, project planning and execution, project reporting, management reporting, and budget tracking and reporting.
- Completion of technology feasibility studies.
- Specification & design of new manufacturing technologies & processes.
- Qualification of new processes within the development and manufacturing environment.
- Providing technical documentation to support new manufacturing processes.
- Management of internal & external technical teams spread across multiple locations.
- Project management and execution in line with best practice principles and recognized methodologies (eg Prince2).
- Regular reporting and updating of project plans dashboards.
- Review of the technology landscape to enable the development of future technology platforms.
- Identification and evaluation of management and technology tools to optimize the development process.
Main deliverables of the role
- Managing the development and design of special purpose manufacturing equipment;
- Project Management role - the role holder will be managing budgets, coordinating technical activities (Internal & external resources), liaising with other functions (such as R&D), managing projects at various stages within the development pipeline;
- Collaborating with stakeholders at a global level
- Generation of new ideas;
- Collaborating with factories;
- Number of projects managed at a time: 8
- Specialized & on-the-job training (Technical and non-technical)
- Exposure to a multi-national Operations environment at a Global & Regional level
- Regular interaction with the broader Business outside of Manufacturing (Marketing, R&D, Product..)
Qualifications and Experience
- Electronic / Mechanical Engineering Background
- Commercial manufacturing or large machinery experience to produce a high volume high speed product
- FMCG, Pharma / Food/ Drinks background
- Knowledge of project planning and budgeting tracking tools, and experience of project planning.
- Proficient CAD user.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, Prince 2 or equivalent or Tool box experience
- Knowledge of project planning and budgeting tracking tools
- Strong Communication Skills
- IT literacy - including project management and statistical packages.
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering. 35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ3332 on
- Project Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job