The candidate will:
* Maintain schedule plan and manage associated budget for this project (£'s, people requirements & spend) to include Cost at Completion and Work Load Forecast exercises.
* Manage a multi-disciplinary team to deliver the work, making key decisions (technical and programme) as required, setting priorities for the team and driving progress.
* Provide and present, as required, regular progress reporting packs.
* Call in technical expertise as required from the relevant Technical Expert community to assist in making technical decisions where necessary.
* Liaise with support organisations as required to ensure delivery, including internal & external manufacturing organisations, quality, procurement etc.
Adding to this, the successful candidate will have proven relevant electronics design experience (mainly digital electronics plus power supply), preferably for harsh environments (EMC, Vibration, thermal), as well as the ability to manage the development and delivery of defence related electronic equipment through all stages of the development process but focused on the qualification and delivery of product.
Ideally the Engineering Project Lead will be degree qualified, and have planning and organisation skills with a record of delivering to time and cost, coupled with strong negotiating and influencing skills.