Engineering Operations Manager
Management, direction and day to day leadership of engineering activities at the CFC, through the management of allocated team. Working closely with Inbound, Outbound and other support teams to optimise availability and performance of the facility, and its MHE automation, the Engineering Operations Manager will lead a continuous improvement ("CI") culture on the shift with a pro-active focus.
Roles and responsibilities
- Day to day leadership of shift members including prioritisation and allocation of workload; deploying labour based on the demands and requirements of the task against the competency and capability of resource.
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in upskilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs, and defect reporting/resolving ensuring "the loop is closed".
- Maintain and improve performance to maximise efficiency of operation in line with KPIs.
- Reporting on and managing Hazards where identified, completing Accident and Near Miss reports as required, acting as a conduit for these issues identified by their team.
- Management of 'new’ issues and situations within the CFC when they occur, take ownership for the situation, establishing how to process based on assessment of the task and risk, applying experience and knowledge of the full team, developing a safe system of work as required.
- Advise, lead and motivate team members, assess capability and identify and resolve training and skill requirements.
- Involvement in disciplinary issues in conjunction with the HR Team.
- Involvement in recruitment and training of subordinate staff.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with Key Operational customers, and all other support function managers including HR, Projects and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to: HNC Engineering or equivalent; Engineering Technician Apprenticeship; Or Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3.
- Experience at a management or senior supervisory level within an automated environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MHe systems, gained from experience in an automated environment.
- Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job