National Express have a great opportunity to join our internationally known company as a Mechanical Support! As a fundamental member of the team the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the repair of vehicles to ensure regulations and company standards are continuously met.
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East and awarded Britain’s Most Admired Transport Company in 2018.
Our aim; to provide excellence in all that we do for National Express customers and keep everyone safe - if we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it. To do this we need the best people and strive to create an environment that motivates and develops our people.
We have positions in Wolverhamptonfor enthusiastic and motivated individuals who has the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have drive to succeed and the passion to get stuck in with both day and night shifts available.
If you’re ready for a new challenge and would like to be part of our reputable company with the opportunity for great progression, now is your chance to apply!
What you'll do...
- Carrying out minor vehicle repairs
- Assisting and aiding craftsman with all aspects of vehicle repairs
- Conduct wheel changes
- Carry out routine services
- Shunting, fueling and cleaning of vehicles
- Ensure all documentation is completed and maintained according to company procedures
- Driving to various depot for the collection of spare parts
- Maintain good housekeeping within workshops and conform to Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Regulations.
- Provide additional support and assistance where necessary
Experience and knowledge required...
- Previous mechanical repair experience preferred
- Recognised vehicle maintenance qualification is desired
- Hold a PCV licence or successfully obtain by end of probation period
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Driving license required
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Company pension
- 21 days annual leave and Bank holidays
- Free bus and coach travel
- Variety of deals and discounts from NX online portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Endless opportunities to progress and undertake further qualifications and training
National Express has a very high focus on health and safety and as a result operates a strict Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
Drug and Alcohol testing is completed as part of the assessment process as well as random checks during employment according to the policy.You may also have experience in the following ...
Mechanic, Engineering, Cleaning, Servicing, Shunting, Vehicle Repairing, Services, Garage, Car Maintenance, Heavy Vehicle Maintenance, Public Transport Vehicles, Health and Safety, Ancillary, Garage Assistant, Technician, Technician Support, Mechanical Support
If the above sounds like a next step in your career, follow our online application process to express your interest! If you have any queries or wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please email .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'