Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Our chosen business partner is a leading manufacturer of safety products and is growing substantially due to acquisition and demand.
* The management and supervision of site Quality, Maintenance, Design and Process Engineering departments, personnel and resources.
* Align and manage site engineering resources to achieve the needs and expectations of the business.
* To ensure Key Performance Indicators, financial spends and all engineering activities are reported and communicated effectively.
* To improve operational output and efficiency via the identification and completion of engineering continuous improvement projects.
* To ensure engineering lead Lean implementation and continuously monitor and review improvement action plans.
* To complete cost benefit analysis and assemble capital expenditure requests in line with site strategic objectives.
* Specify resources and factory layouts for new product and process activities.
* Manage and delegate actions to each department managers and Engineering Team resources.
* Cascade and manage the completion of Quality, Maintenance, Design and Process Engineering objectives.
* Conduct effective performance appraisals with direct reports.
* Manage Engineering financial budgets including forecasting and overspend analysis.
* Use industrial engineering methods, tools and techniques to determine and achieve optimum manufacturing conditions.
* Manufacture feasibility analysis and PFMEA for new products and processes.
* Ensure effective Maintenance of Plant/Building/Facilities is achieved.
* Perform cost analysis of manufacturing products and processes.
* Write process specifications and make recommendations regarding safety and ergonomic improvements.
* Write specifications for manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for equipment procurement.
* Support Management of Change activities via effective communication, employee engagement and involvement.
* Monitor plant and process equipment through production start-up and sign off activities.
* Complete Process Audits and monitor manufacturing best practices techniques and standards.
* Improvement strategies: Participate and/or lead activities for manufacturing footprint analysis, continuous improvement of new and/or ongoing manufacturing process and lean manufacturing implementation.
· Degree in Engineering (mechanical or industrial)
· Minimum 4 year experience as a Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering Manager
· High volume manufacturing environment experience
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job