Patchwork is an award-winning digital healthcare solution that was built by doctors, for doctors.
We are revolutionising flexible working in the NHS and are helping NHS organisations save millions (and counting), by connecting them to an increasing number of flexible bank workers. We help grow their staff banks, remove reliance and spending on locum agencies, and aim to improve the general experience of flexible bank working.
Ultimately, Patchwork helps to save money, time and effort, so that it can be better spent on patient care.
Engineering at Patchwork is the culmination of cross-functional teams, coming together to build the best products possible. We build products we're proud of. We work closely with our clients in the NHS, and wider healthcare industry, to build and deliver real value, quality and impact.
This is a journey, not a destination. The products and the team are constantly evolving and improving. Engineering at Patchwork collaborates with the whole company, it’s a team effort to ensure that we understand the opportunities in front of us, allowing us to consistently deliver the optimal solutions.
We work in small, diverse, cross functional teams to deliver value. Autonomy and accountability are key values for us. Engineers are empowered to make the right decisions at the right time, taking ownership of delivering real impact.
We are moving to a multi product strategy, focussing on reusable, scalable services that allow us to rapidly deliver value. We don’t expect to have all of the answers instantly, we work transparently and collaboratively, favouring inclusive discussion where we are not afraid to disagree and commit, this is a team effort!The Role
As a member of the Engineering Leadership Team, you will be working closely with your peers in a variety of activities ensuring all aspects of your engineering team are functioning smoothly.
Ideally you were previously an engineer yourself and you understand what it means to be an exceptional, high performing engineer in a product focused tech company. You must be adept in growing healthy and performant teams, coaching and mentoring engineers and collaborating in organisational design.
- Working with our Product Managers to plan for optimal delivery by providing guidance on complexity of deliverables and suggestions for optimising team output.
- Working with software engineers to create and deliver on personalised goals that align with the company OKRs.
- Communicating with the CTO on resourcing and team design to deliver an ambitious product roadmap.
- Reporting to the wider company to ensure alignment within cross functional teams.
- Driving an engineering culture that optimises for delivery, creates processes to minimise errors and empowers engineers to take responsibility and grow with the company.
- Works with the whole team to ensure we are always striving to be better and thinking about continuous improvement - it’s one of our core values!
- Strong technical knowledge to have high level input on projects and be able to challenge engineers decisions
- Demonstrable experience of managing high performance engineers
- You have a technical background as a engineer with commercial experience in the last 5 years
- You must be a forward planner, dynamic and be able to handle changeable situations
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships
- Excellent communicator and track record of line management (remote management is a bonus)
- A driven and passionate leader, with a track record of improving their teams performance and aiding professional development of engineers
- Ideally worked in a HealthTech / MedTech or startup environment
- Support remote/flexible working environments
- 24 days annual leave with the option to carry up to 5 days over
- Cycle and Tech loan scheme
- EMI Shares Option
- Discounted highstreet perks with CharlieHR
- Salary advances with our financial wellbeing partner, Wagestream
- Free therapy, counselling and other wellbeing services through our Employee Assistance Programme: Health Assured
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders in the business
- Weekly Lunch & Learn
- Monthly Culture Club: Diversity talks, cooking workshops, book clubs
- £250 per employee assigned to Learning & Development
- We receive a lot of applications and as a small team we are unable to give individual feedback on each application. If you have not heard from us within a week, unfortunately you have not been selected for an interview
- Due to Covid we are offering flexible working and are always following government guidelines. Our head office is based in Luke Street, London and we also have offices in Manchester
Patchwork provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognised protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Management Experience
- Management Skills
- Software Development
- Project Delivery
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'