Permanent - Mon-Fri
Competitive Salary + benefits package
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Pension, death in service benefit
My client is a well-established manufacturer of bespoke products for highly regulated and safety critical industries. We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a materials science background ideally, however extensive manufacturing experience would be considered.
The position requires an individual to be efficient and competent at;
- Develop the RFQ costing sheet for new enquiries, confirming process routes, materials & tooling requirements & costs
- New product development and implementation including production methods, process flow, machinery and required tooling. Manage project schedules as applied to new product launches.
- Specify and/or oversee fabrication of equipment used in moulding processes and/or assembly operations (i.e.: fixtures, jigs, etc.).
- Provide Engineering / Technical support to the Sales function, including attending customer visits as required to support key technical requirements.
- Analyse new and current processes for cost reduction activity and implement / oversee improvements, recording successes and failures.
- Coordinate continuous improvement projects and processes with multi-function teams.
- Training, development and coaching of the Technical / Production / Quality teams.
- Control and management of the Engineering department budget, recruitment and training
- Assisting production with process and operational challenges to ensure the business meets customer demand, for example RFT, OTD etc.
- A recognized engineering qualification - degree in polymer technology, material science, chemical engineering or other similar engineering / scientific discipline (not essential)
- Understanding of polymer materials processing, substrate preparation techniques and testing methods
- Experience of compression, transfer & injection mould tool design, including any associated jigs and fixtures
- Strong leader / excellent man management skills with previous experience of managing small to medium sized teams within an engineering / manufacturing environment
- A familiarity with the APQP principles, ERP systems and / or project management techniques / methodology and product development
Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the principles of Lean Six Sigma methodology / techniques
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'