You have the chance to join a well established company as the Engineering Manager where you will be working as part of the senior leadership team & as such will contribute to the development & implementation of strategic initiatives, continuous improvement & capital expenditure projects.
This company are industry leaders & are looking to continue their market success through driving innovation & continuous improvement. They manufacture an array of different complex products & supply into the FMCG & regulated market. This Engineering Manager position, based in Oxfordshire, is an important role to this business & will be instrumental in driving engineering best practice.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for leading, inspiring & developing the site engineering & maintenance teams to ensure consistent engineering practices. You will also be involved in developing & implementing the strategic engineering & continuous improvement projects across the site, required to deliver the sales & operations production plans.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Attend daily production meetings, and ensure available engineering resources are targeted at the business priorities.
- To be responsible for Maintenance, Tooling, Project management & Continuous Improvement activity
- Lead and develop the team in delivering cost effective engineering, maintenance, technical support & improvements to all areas on the site.
- To liaise & champion cross functional teamwork throughout the teams.
- Sustain and constantly improve on engineering and production based metrics.
- Develop, monitor and report key performance indicators across all areas to identify for trends & Continuous Improvement opportunity.
- Planning, scheduling, forecasting, and balancing engineering resources to ensure service levels to production are maintained at all times
- Promote lean manufacturing, total preventative maintenance and improvement projects
- Conduct Briefings providing feedback on KPIs and other relevant information & data.
- To produce monthly reports that detail maintenance accomplishments in the areas of safety corrective actions & improvements, PMs, request for maintenance and improvement projects monitoring and trending to identify & highlight improvement areas.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant health & safety legislation.
- Manage capital investment & delivery of these projects.
- Assist in developing annual budgets and project proposals.
- Helping to reduce waste & assist in cost saving with site spares & repairs.
- To ensure that permanent and effective corrective action is taken as a result of any quality, safety or production concern.
- When appropriate, to train employees in any new or revised processes.
- Working with the facilities and projects manager develop company wide engineering / facilities standards then to apply and enforce them locally.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Ensuring Health and Safety disciplines defined in the company Health and Safety policy document are followed and enforced.
An Engineering Manager with experience leading a cross functional team within a complex FMCG/regulated manufacturing environment (ideally Pharmaceuticals or Medical) with:
- Ideally a degree qualification in a engineering/technical discipline
- Lean manufacturing to include TPM within a high volume automated manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Process improvements using six sigma methodology
- Strong electro / mechanical engineering background with in some knowledge of control systems
- The ability to drive performance through KPIs & analysis
- Demonstrable ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement change / strategies in a team environment
- Ability to maximise plant output & efficiency and balance those decisions with GMP, safety, product quality and cost issues
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Competitive Salary & Package
- Continuous Improvement
- Process Engineering
- Project Engineering