Our Rochester based client are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Manager.
Responsible for the engineering function for this large manufacturing site your role will be;
- To run the engineering function efficiently against measurable KPI's
- To manage capital projects from concept to completion and provide clear direction and strong leadership
- To manage the engineering teams to provide an effective response to planned maintenance and breakdowns.
- To develop and deliver the site engineering strategy in line with corporate goals and objectives
- To drive a culture that ensures continuous improvement and strives for excellence.
- Ensure that all plant machinery is maintained and that repairs and other requirements are planned for in a systematic and effective way
- Introducing improvements to existing engineering processes and techniques to minimise threat to productivity.
- Purchasing, cost and supplier management
- Equipment and materials management
- Actively driving hygiene and health and safety throughout the team
- To develop and implement plant and staff utilisation plans
- To be responsible for all engineering staff matters in relation to:
- To promote and comply with legislative and business compliance standards including health and safety, environmental and technical
- Responsibility for the Health and Safety Management System.
You will have:
- Proven experience at a senior level in engineering management
- Mechanical or electrical experience within a manufacturing environment and a complex plant
- Experience of change management, performance, engineering, planning and quality
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing background
- A track record of cost saving and business improvement techniques
- A hands on approach
- A focused manager with the tenacity to lead and develop the engineering team to achieve company goals and objectives
- Strong leadership skills
- Considerable drive and the desire to achieve
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including negotiating and influencing
- Be a creative problem solver
If you have the required skills and experience please forward your CV to Gemma Edwards.
- Engineering Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job