MTrec Recruitment is proudly representing our high-volume manufacturing client in their search to appoint an experienced Engineering Manager. You will be working for a multi-national business, where the company has a solid and highly successful track record of achievement and success in the region.
- Manage the Engineering function to deliver processes capable of delivering world class quality product to world class customers.
- Managing budgets, projects, manufacturing cost, process capability.
- Drive engineering department to improve processes capable of achieving product on time and on cost.
- Lead process development to achieve manufacturing cost reduction in a highly competitive market.
- Develop clear engineering strategies to meet business objectives.
- Develop and manage detailed departmental activity plan to ensure delivery of KPI
- Management of resources to support productivity and product quality targets
- Development of engineering staff through leadership, mentoring and training.
- Identify and analyse opportunities, design lean manufacturing processes using effective systems to optimize space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Work closely with production, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Be informed of and present new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Writing of engineering specifications to ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products to meet the business requirement for new processes/process development.
- Ensure Engineering determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Provide clear direction in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
- Responsible for selection, cost negotiation and management of engineering service contractors.
- Degree/HND Engineering Discipline
- Front line management experience.
- Sound background in mechanical and electrical engineering gained in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
- Comprehensive range of problem solving skills.
- Leadership and management.
- Ability to apply acquired skills and experience to ensure continuous process capability in abnormal conditions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job