Originally founded as Prosper De Mulder Limited in 1926; SARIA’s UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain.
The Group’s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching £280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
Applications are invited for an Engineering Manager based at our Doncaster Site. This is a full time permanent position.
As an Engineering Manager you will work collaboratively with the Operations Director & Site Managers, to provide effective management to a team of Engineers and provide Engineering support to the Doncaster site operations.
Your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• To ensure that all aspects of the plant is maintained in compliance to legislation, HSE accordance and manufacturers specifications.
• Implementation and monitoring of site specific PPM programmes.
• To be party to setting annual engineering budgets and ensuring that KPI’s are monitored and met.
• To ensure that all site engineers have the necessary support to fulfil their duties.
• Ensure that the standard of the equipment is kept to the standard.
• Be responsible for progressing projects on the site and oversee major repairs.
• Have a "hands on" and analytical approach to trouble shooting and problem solving based on "cause and effect".
• Provide engineering expertise and impart knowledge and skills.
• To be involved in any upgrading designs or improvements from the outset and manage any upgrades or developments.
• Any other ad hoc duties as required by Management.
• Educated to minimum Engineering degree level and with good industry experience.
• A working knowledge of manufacturing (food production manufacturing knowledge would be advantageous).
• Previous process plant experience.
• Experience of managing a team of Engineers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skill with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
• IT literate; a confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Flexible, practical, hardworking and able to work under own initiative.
• Good decision-making skills, assessing situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks.
• Full UK Driving License.
Salary: A competitive Salary and Benefits package
Please apply online with your CV.
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.
Closing Date - 16th March 2018
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job