Originally founded as Prosper De Mulder Limited in 1926; SARIA’s UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain.
The Group’s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching £280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
Applications are invited for an Engineering Manager based at our Doncaster Site. This is a full time permanent position.
As an Engineering Manager you will work collaboratively with the Operations Director & Site Managers, to provide effective management to a team of Engineers and provide Engineering support to the Doncaster site operations.
Your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• To ensure that all aspects of the plant is maintained in compliance to legislation, HSE accordance and manufacturers specifications.
• Implementation and monitoring of site specific PPM programmes.
• To be party to setting annual engineering budgets and ensuring that KPI’s are monitored and met.
• To ensure that all site engineers have the necessary support to fulfil their duties.
• Ensure that the standard of the equipment is kept to the standard.
• Be responsible for progressing projects on the site and oversee major repairs.
• Have a "hands on" and analytical approach to trouble shooting and problem solving based on "cause and effect".
• Provide engineering expertise and impart knowledge and skills.
• To be involved in any upgrading designs or improvements from the outset and manage any upgrades or developments.
• Any other ad hoc duties as required by Management.
• Educated to minimum Engineering degree level and with good industry experience.
• A working knowledge of manufacturing (food production manufacturing knowledge would be advantageous).
• Previous process plant experience.
• Experience of managing a team of Engineers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skill with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
• IT literate; a confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Flexible, practical, hardworking and able to work under own initiative.
• Good decision-making skills, assessing situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks.
• Full UK Driving License.
Salary: A competitive Salary and Benefits package
Please apply online with your CV.
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.
Closing Date - 16th March 2018
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.