Plant Engineering Manager
Competitive salary plus private health care and contributory pension scheme.
Job location: Manchester
Cargill’s Manchester plant is a production facility which is critical to the UK food, spirit, pharmaceutical, chemical and cosmetics industries. The plant and offices located in Manchester are part of the Cargill starches and sweeteners business which produces sweeteners, wheat protein and alcohol for customers in the confectionery, brewing, drink, dairy, farming and bakery sectors.
With a number of projects underway and in the pipeline at the Manchester plant, this is an excellent opportunity to manage a team of professional engineers and colleagues, to ensure all projects in the plant are prepared, and executed with the most cost, safety and technically focused solutions. The position holder will work collaboratively with other departments adhering to legal and Cargill regulations to ensure project execution.
- Management of the Manchester plant engineering organisation together with the European Engineering Manager to provide engineering support for all projects
- Management of the plant engineering budget
- To Manage with the Site Manager and European Engineering manager plant CAPEX projects, reporting and project handover to the department that maintains this
- Ensure all projects are executed safely and in line with Cargill policies and best practice and all technical information is correctly archived
- To coach, train and supervise the engineering team, ensuring high standards are set and maintained and continuous development and improvement of the team
- To select, hire and supervisor in conjunction with Cargill’s central engineering function, external engineering contractors for projects
- to be accountable for reviewing and approving technical decisions with the project team and to report CAPEX & OPEX costs monthly to the organisation
- Ensure a focus on safety, legal and regulatory requirements at all times including contractor documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Proven project engineering management with exposure to high complexity build projects ideally from a similar process industry e.g. Chemicals, petrochemicals
- Applying project risk management strategies and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and work with multifunctional teams and personnel
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience
- Hands on knowledge of working directly in a plant environment with a good understanding of plant processes and operational needs
- Solutions focused with a cost-benefit orientation
- Able to work in a matrixed organisation both locally and internationally and communicate effectively cross culturally
- Fluent English (both verbal and written)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
- Engineering Management
- Plant Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Build Projects
- Capital Projects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job