Engineering Manager Circa £60,000 plus package and bonus Liverpool
This successful, profitable and well respected Liverpool-based manufacturer is a prominent force in their industry, producing a wide range of innovative branded products.
They seek an experienced Engineering Manager to lead and manage the engineering aspects of the company's manufacturing activities, to ensure legal compliance, minimise life-cycle costs and ensure business targets are achieved, while maintaining safe engineering practice.
This will include taking responsibility for engineering decisions which are critical for functional or health and safety reasons, and providing leadership to the 14 people in the engineering and maintenance department.
Priorities will include:
- providing knowledge and practical experience of asset management, equipment maintenance and project delivery
- incorporating principles of Inherent SHE into all projects and maintenance activities
- Supervising and signing off technical specifications of new equipment
- Understanding the likely failure modes and hence the maintenance and inspection requirements of the equipment
- Identifying critical equipment and systems and developing appropriate asset life strategies.
- Documenting and maintaining standard engineering processes and procedures, and promoting best practice, relating to design, maintenance, inspection and ongoing management of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Establishing and maintaining high competence levels in the engineering function through appropriate coaching and development of all engineering staff.
Candidates for the role should be graduate engineers (mechanical or electrical), ideally chartered, with 7 to 10 years’ experience in engineering on operational sites including experience of rotating equipment and presses. Experience of plastic extrusion processes is desirable. Good HSE knowledge, especially safe systems of work is essential.
We are looking for an approachable individual with a "can do" attitude and a desire to learn and expand their knowledge.
To apply, send your CV with a note of your current remuneration package to Charles Fraser
Experienced Engineering Manager needed for profitable, well respected Liverpool manufacturer. Great opportunity to lead the engineering and maintenance team and take responsibility for critical engineering decisions to ensure legal compliance, minimise life-cycle costs and ensure business targets are achieved, while maintaining safe engineering practice.
- Equipment Maintenance
- Mechanical Electrical
- Culture Change
- Project Delivery
- Team Leadership