About NCR Corporation:
NCR Corporation is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software technology changes how people live.
At NCR, we believe that, too. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know consumer self-service, through many different devices - and see the patterns and opportunities that no one else sees. Our software engineers write code that underpin the tens of thousands of transactions per minute that consumers initiate on self-service devices around the world. We need creative product managers to help them do their best work and envision and adapt to changes in consumer behaviors and demands that are introducing more mobile and IoT elements into broader omni-channel, self-service experiences. We are #1 in multivendor ATM software - but leadership comes from pushing boundaries.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our growing Financial Services SW Solutions team with a focus on Enterprise Self-Service Transaction Processing. Enabling Agile Software Engineering teams, you will be working with developers, architects, product managers and product owners and senior stakeholders within a Scaled Agile Framework portfolio. You will be redefining how financial transactions are acquired, managed and processed across multiple channels.
In This Role, You Can Expect To….
As an Engineering Manager for NCR’s Enterprise Self-Service Transaction Processing (Cx Terminal Handling), you will be responsible for enabling Agile teams’ delivery of a critical part of our Enterprise Self-Service solutions using Scaled Agile methodologies. You will have responsibility for the coaching and career development of direct reports, take responsibility for eliminating impediments, and actively evolve the systems in which all knowledge workers operate. You will have final accountability for effective value delivery.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
Personnel and Team Development
- Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals.
- Build high-performance teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams.
- Perform career counseling and personal development.
- Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making.
- Participate in defining and administering compensation, benefits, and promotions.
- Eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development.
- Have subtle control of assigning individuals to teams, address issues that teams cannot resolve, and make personnel changes where necessary.
- Evaluate performance, including team input; provide guidance and corrective actions.
- Serve as Agile coach and advisor to Agile Teams.
- Remain close enough to the team to add value and to be a competent manager; stay far enough away to let them problem-solve on their own.
- Help build Agile Milestones and Roadmaps, as well the plans that enable them.
- Help develop, implement, and communicate the economic framework.
- Participate in Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshops. Support teams by helping them remove systemic impediments and implementing continuous improvement backlog items.
- Protect teams from distractions and unrelated or unnecessary work.
- Assist the Release Traom and Solution Train Engineers with PI Planning readiness and Pre- and Post= PI Planning activities
- Participate in PI planning, System Demo and Solution Demo.
- Build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide other resources as necessary for teams to successfully execute their Vision and roadmap.
- Identify delays in the system by facilitating or participating in value stream mapping.
Alignment<span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: small
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job