Hoist UK Ltd has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join the team based in Wirral, Merseyside.
Hoist UK are one of the country’s leading lifting equipment and materials handling company and operate throughout the UK.
The Engineering Manager will hold a key role for the growth and development of the company, and will be leading a multi skilled fabrication, installation and servicing team, ensuring adherence to our quality, environmental and health and safety policies, working towards a BS EN 1090 accreditation and assisting the General Manager in the identification of growth of sustainable markets for the products and services supplied by Hoist UK Ltd, the role is a hands-on and practical role.
Key Responsibilities of our Engineering Manager:
- To lead the engineering personnel through their day to day operations in an efficient, cost effective, safe and environmentally considerate manner ensuring that all aspects of the our operations in house and on site comply with our ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OSHA 18001 status and policies.
- To lead the engineering team, and to develop and maintain a team based approach to achieving the performance objectives of the business, managing the streamlining of operational practices with a strong emphasis on optimising operational cost.
- To lead and encourage all members of staff to embrace a positive, active and involved health and safety culture throughout the business.
- To audit, maintain and develop our existing ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OSHA 18001 accreditation and policies.
- To work towards a BS EN 1090 accreditation for Hoist UK & Truss UK.
- To be responsible for quality control for finished products and Installation.
- To liaise directly with the design and sales departments and be an interface between these and the production and installation departments.
- To monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ fabrication areas.
- To plan fabrication and installation works to ensure delivery of products and services within an agreed programme.
- To produce and adapt suitable Risk Assessment and Method Statements for on site projects.
- To visit site prior to and during installation offering support and advice to design and installation teams and ensuring that RAMS, environmental, quality and H&S requirements are completed in accordance with company policies and in a safe manner.
- To ensure that all materials and equipment for manufacture and installation projects is ordered and received in time and within budget.
- To deliver training and coaching to our engineering staff, nurturing them and helping them develop in their roles.
- To occasionally be involved physically within the production or installation process as production or scheduling demands.
- To work with the Directors in the development of new products and services offered through the company.
The key skills that are needed within this role are:
- IOSH / NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- LEEA qualifications / Team card - preferred
- Experience in managing and auditing ISO9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 - preferred.
- Electro mechanical background / qualification.
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging UK and EU regulatory requirements for lifting equipment and lifting operations.
- Previous experience in management or supervision within an engineering / lifting equipment company.
- Excellent IT & communication skills.
Candidate must be experienced, tenacious, focussed, solution driven and organised with high levels of energy, commitment and sense of urgency required in an ever-changing production environment and not be afraid to get their hands dirty on occasion.
In return the candidate will be rewarded with a salaried permanent position that comes with company vehicle (van), company phone, company laptop and software, workplace pension, company health scheme and inclusion into an annual company sales/productivity bonus scheme.
- Lifting Equipment
- Quality Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job