Manufacturing Engineering Manager required for busy and growing manufacturing facility in Perth
Our long standing and retained client based in Perth is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. As a result of this expansion they currently have a requirement for an experience Engineering Manager to join their current management team, supporting the leadership of this highly productive environment on a full time permanent basis.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager directs and coordinates activities of the manufacturing engineering group, through extensive interaction with multi-department teams, in support of consumable manufacturing operations, new product introductions, and achieving long-term corporate goals.
The role includes but is not limited to:
What will you do?
- Plan and monitor department budgets on an annual and quarterly basis. The budget includes personnel planning, departmental operating expenses, capital expenditures, for new and existing products.
- Determine and assign optimal projects to departmental members, including, to meet corporate and departmental goals. Monitor the schedule and quality of these projects to assure they are completed satisfactorily and on time. Analyses technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Implement an Engineering Change Process.
- Oversee the transferring of new products into production. This includes making sure the designs can be manufactured and have acceptable production yields. Work with Engineering to specify and procure necessary capital equipment.
- Work with the Manufacturing Sciences Manager and other production personnel to develop improved processes and tooling to reduce labour time and costs. This includes managing automation projects involving hardware and software.
- Make engineering and procedural changes to improve production yields and reduce quality problems.
- Work with the Supply Chain Department to find additional sources for difficult or obsolete materials, resolve problems with vendors, and solve quality problems. Work with Procurement to reduce material costs; assess and qualify vendors.
- Work with other departments to help reduce inventory levels and to help plan the obsolescence of old products. Advises management of new developments, which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Oversee the calibration of all production equipment. Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Deliver performance reviews for Engineers and provide coaching to improve performance. Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Work with Product Management to make product improvements for increased efficiency and customer satisfaction. Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies, which may improve operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
This role is critical to our clients continued business development and growth - so we are eager to progress applicants as soon as practicable.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- engineering manager
- Manufacturing engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'