Engineering Manager- London - upto 80k
SR2 is currently representing a very exciting product based company in central London who are actively recruiting for an Engineering Managerto report directly into the CTO. Our client offers a very innovative solution that provides it's customers with incredible insights across multiple channels.
They are going through a period of huge growth due to both project successes and some top VC funding and this role plays a key part in the further development of the team to aid the scaling of both the infrastructure and technology.
Key to hitting their ambitious growth targets is the hiring of an engineering director to lead the existing team and build and develop it further both in headcount and efficiency.
The key responsibilities are:
- Growing the team. You will be driving the growth of the team, creating interview processes and hiring new talent against the businesses growth plans.
- Leading, managing and developing the existing team.
- Creating a strong performance culture where the team are all accountable for delivery
- Day-day line management of the engineering team including the usual meetings, 1-1's, goal setting and motivating etc
- Coaching and mentoring the team
- running regular appraisals to aid development of the team both individually and collectively.
- Driving best practice in technology processes keeping abreast of the latest trends and what the competitoon is doing
- Project delivery and risk management
The successful applicant would ideally have come from a successful and high growth start-up. You will have managed ideally a Python, full-stack tech team previously that has produced enterprise software with complex components. You would keep a close eye on the latest product management trends, platform as a service and software as a service technology trends and best practices.
This role is a hands off leadership position with a key focus on the people management skills but it presents a fantastic opportunity to join a very exciting fast paced company with big growth plans.
Please send your CV now for immeidate consideration.