Engineering Manager - CNC Machining
Group Engineering Manager CNC Programming required for UK based aerospace manufacturing company - senior management multi-site role.
This expanding Aerospace manufacturer has its headquarters in the UK with other sites in Europe, and a strong customer base, making CNC and fabricated components for aircraft. Their machining, fabrication and treatment capabilities provide a ‘one stop shop’ to make components from design through to end product.
Reporting to the Technical Director, a Group Engineering Manager is required to effectively coordinate and control the CNC product engineering activities across the group sites ensuring that all resources are effectively utilised regardless of location.
This Engineering Manager will ensure that the programming strategies are correct, the programming activities are undertaken effectively, the resources are deployed and utilised efficiently, implementing improvements through NC programming development.
Product Engineering broadly covers the activities of:
- programming the manufacture of products (NC programming)
- design and implementation of product jigs and fixtures (internally manufactured or externally purchased)
- specifying necessary machine tooling
- developing process specifying and control documentation for machined processes (set up, machining parameters, etc)
- developing BOM’s and Routings
Key outputs of the role will include:
- on time delivery of right first time NC programmes, jigs, fixtures and process documentation in line with new and changed product requirements and internal improvement objectives
- establishment of an effective product engineering team of suitably capable product development/NC programming engineers
- establishment and delivery of a programme of product improvement activities that generate quality, cost and output improvements
- establishment and delivery of effective systems, tools and practices that deliver the required product development activities
Candidates for this Group Engineering Manager role need to have an excellent degree level qualification, impressive high level experience gained from a similar precision NC engineering manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace, with excellent management and communication skills.
This position provides an excellent salary package, plus impressive benefits to include £6.5K car allowance, healthcare and other benefits.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service agreement.
Direct approaches to the client will not be accepted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"