Our client operate within a specialist niche of the automotive industry and run a full-scale manufacturing operation to deliver one of the most respected products within their market.
As part of an internal restructuring process, they are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager who will work with a team of 6 to deliver improvements, efficiencies and innovation within their Engineering function. Reporting to the Engineering Director, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- The day to day management of the Engineering department to include the motivation and development of the existing Engineering team.
- Identify efficiency improvements and cost reduction opportunities within the Engineering department.
- Acting as the key point of contact between the Engineering team and Senior Management to ensure that objectives and strategies are being delivered
- Liaising between product factory engineers and sub-contracted production teams to ensure cohesion.
- Carrying out regular contract reviews on customer orders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers.
- Participate fully in and lead key Engineering projects.
- Carry out full evaluation of current sub-contractors to review performance and identify and appraise potential new sub-contractors.
- Manage the communication channel with Production in the creation of Technical Material including manuals and training courses.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of performance within a similar role, preferably within an automotive manufacturing environment.
On offer for the successful candidate is a basic salary of up to £45,000 along with company bonus scheme and benefits.
- Automotive Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Manufacturing
- Production Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job